Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Reasons to Blog

Why blog? Who would want to spend time blogging? Someone wanting to make money, perhaps, like someone who's short of money. A stay-at-home mom desiring to connect with other stay-at-home moms. An empty-nester seeking fulfillment. How about an individual who just likes to write?

You don't even have to be a good speller to blog. Spell-check takes care of that for you. But you do have to start blogging. Not only that. Blog often. Blog every day. Blog about what you know. Blog about what you don't know. Blog with humor (unless you're not funny - my other half, the comic, says leave the humor to the one who's funny). Blog about how to perform tasks you've learned how to do. Just blog. If you like to write, you'll like to blog. If you are a writer, you need to blog because successful bloggers will advise to blog every day. Wherever you go, whatever you do, you'll be thinking, "What is there about where I am or what I am doing that I can turn into a blog?" You'll forget all about writer's block.

What comes next? Connect with other bloggers. Visit forums. Join link parties. Comment on others' blogs that you really like. Ask other bloggers for suggestions. Don't be afraid to say that you're new to blogging. Every blogger was a new blogger once upon a time.

1 comment:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed this post about blogging. I am new to blogging and I am finding it very enjoyable. I have met so many interesting people and seen places I would never have seen through blog posts. I especially enjoy the posts about spring since I there is no such season in Alaska.

    ReplyDelete