Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Writing a Letter to a Friend

How often do you hear of anyone writing a letter to a friend these days? We live too busy lives and don't take the time to write our friends. Instead, we text or send a Facebook message. Sometimes, though, it's nice to send a message to a friend the old-fashioned way - by writing a letter.

This morning I'm thinking of sweet memories of my mother who passed away two years ago. She used to tell me she loved reading my letters. I would tell her what all was going on where I was. Often, my letters told of the new places I had been to. My husband and I were full-time RV'ers for nearly nine years in ministry work. The letters made her feel as though I was sitting in her family room with her. When I would call her, she would often say, "I was just sitting beside the phone, waiting for you to call." I've always thought she had a sixth sense. I miss her, especially just chatting, hearing her voice. When I am thinking of those times now, occasionally I will send a card to my aunts, Mother's sisters. It's a way of letting them know I love them. Also in my thoughts this morning are, "Which friend can I write a letter to this week?" Last, but not least, I'm reminded of a Bible verse telling us he who has friends must be friendly.

When is the last time you wrote a letter to a friend? I'm sure that any friend you decide to write a letter to this week will certainly be thrilled and will be grateful to have you for a friend.

Go write that letter, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment